Monday, September 7, 2009

The Perfect Gift

This weekend we celebrated all the September birthdays in my family. It was a bittersweet day because my son Robert was not there. I feared this day & his actual birthday ever since his death 8 1/2 months ago. Watching the kids swim, playing & having a good time helped me push away the bad thoughts for a little while,but one thing made my day. The reaction my daughter had to one gift that my husband & I gave her still makes my smile.........
She got lots of nice gifts, but when she saw Flicker (from Handy Manny for those of you who do watch Playhouse Disney like I do), well,this look says it all for me. "Oh My Gosh! Thank you Mommy & Daddy! I love my Flicker!!!" All I wanted was my daughter to have good memories of this day & I was the one who ended up with the best memory of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment